Friday, August 1, 2008

Jeweler Pro-Tools

Okay so I've been messing around with my jewelry stuff and have a few collections in the works though not complete yet (I got distracted building a new sim!). And finally found where all the "major" jewelers are getting their tools from. So I shelled out the Lindens to get the goods and save myself some substantial amount of building time from their use. I wanted to share these things with you since they are truely great tools and not only do I recomend them for pro or semi-pro builders, I love using them! And I can still feel like my creations are completly mine, these are just some great time savers for me on projects where I can use them. Some I probably already mentioned in a previous post but adding them anyways cause they are that great!

LinkRez (I'm using ver 1.0): This tool is amazing scripting genious at work. The link provides a great tutorial from the tool creator, Ged Larson. I am going to be using this to build many jewelry peices (necklaces & bracelets). Also available on SLX & in world at Linji (151, 230, 67).
Info & Tutorial: http://slged.blogspot.com/2007/05/linkrez.html

LoopRez (I'm using Deluxe ver 0.8): This tool is the pro revised version of the skirt maker. The original version is still available at his store for free (0 L!!!), but this deluxe version is the one I decided to purchase for future commercial use of clothing making (when I get around to it), which allows for realtime editing of prim placement adjusting for getting the "perfect" fit without a bunch of script editing. This is a great tool for cothing designers! Also available on SLX & in world at Linji (151, 230, 67).
Info & Tutorial: http://slged.blogspot.com/2007/01/introducing-looprez-deluxe.html

Sculpt Studio (by TheBlack Box): This tool is for making sculpties with ease. And was used in the creation of a set of sculpty prims that I use from another maker. But I wanted to give it mention to those who want to make their own jewelry sculpties. Avialable at SLX.
http://slexchange.com/modules.php?name=Marketplace&file=item&ItemID=278458

Sculpty Necklace Shapes (by Ghanie Lane): I am using these shapes as I found them perfect for a project I'm working on and with full permissions I can easily make a necklace quickly for the solid shape base. The package has a variety of sizes and shapes to use and it's very handy rather than making tortured prims into peices to get the same effect. Available at SLX, OnRez & in world at Chindogu (40, 135, 24) or Garda (240, 158, 73).
Info: http://ghanielane.livejournal.com/

TrueGems 2 (I use the Sculpted Gems Master Pack): These are a bit pricey, however if you are going into business to create & sell some of the best quality jewelry, this is definatly the best of the best in sculpted gems anywhere in SL. It's used by most of the major high end jewelers in SL, and is worth the investment if you're going into this business seriously. These gems are without question as perfect as sculpted prims will probably ever get for gems. His master pack includes all 6 packs (avail seperately) of his gem shapes and 4 scaling levels. The gems simulate RL gems by both refraction simulation and lapidary diagram refrences. Check out his SLX listing for more details. Avial in SLX and in game at Sculptomancy Store
SLX Store: http://web3.slexchange.com/modules.php?name=Marketplace&MerchantID=39010

No comments: